Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meandering Thoughts!

I can’t believe it is already December, not sure where November went, I guess it kind of disappeared in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of our new life which I must say I do love! I feel so guilty I haven’t posted in so long it’s as if we live some boring life with nothing to write about nor any pictures to take! HA HA, if that were only true! I totally missed writing a Thanksgiving Tribute and listing everything I am thankful for…I have so much and have truly been blessed…the list would be never ending! My contribution to the feast this year was to show up, bless my mother, she worked so hard and did it all solo…it was DEVINE! This year I am thankful for my amazing lover man, my beautiful girls, and our amazing life together. I am also thankful for the determination to make life as beautiful as possible and to not be so black & white!

Make a radical change in your lifestyle & begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances & yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, & conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, & hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new & different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security & adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning & its incredible beauty.” — Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild.

Ok confession:
As a rule follower myself, and a somewhat control freak that sometimes goes a bit too far in her setting of ways, I can only say that on the days that I dare myself to get into something new, try and sometimes I fail but the experience enriches me and makes me feel more confident to take another bold move and it makes you feel on top of the world.

True happiness is found in those moments that you let yourself go. And I am thankful for those moments!

Well, let’s hope I post before month end! We have a lot of fun and exciting adventures ahead, maybe this time I can document them and remember my cameras battery needs to be charged!

Tis the season to begin shopping for the impossible!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are awesome quotes! how are you by the way? sorry i never emailed you to congratulate you on your wedding. it sounds from your blog that you're happy and doing well. gosh, i sure miss talking to you. being at home with no neighbors (again) make one a little out of touch with reality. i love it though. there's nothing better than staying home with hayzen and doing photography. anyway, just thought i'd drop a line and say hello.

Jense Family said...

Hey Marnie!
I am so glad you are happy and doing well. Your family is beautiful and the girls are growing up so fast. Hope you don't mind me following your blog. Happy Holidays!!!!
Brandy