Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

Heart-shaped candies and cookies, pretty cards, flowers and lots of xoxoxoxo….no wonder Valentine’s is a favorite! Well let me tell you how lucky I am! Every Day for me is a Valentine’s Day! Every day of my life with Dirk is filled with LOVE incomparable to anything I have ever had or felt…so who needs to celebrate Valentine’s Day when in fact all you need to do each day is wake up and WAHLAH...HAPPINESS, LOVE and AFFECTION!

I have a funny story to share about the girls. It seems Valentines Day has changed over the years. When I was young we would give the usual valentine cards to our classmates but this usually didn’t cover our close knit group of friends. So we would include in our count a card for each of them and after school my mom would run us around and we would put the card on the doorstep, knock on the door or ring the doorbell and run as fast as we could. We did this to everyone on our list including our siblings. It seemed our doorbell alone rang for a couple hours straight. My mom even joined in on the fun. I should have carried on this tradition but for some reason I didn’t. So this year I thought it to be never too late to start! Wrong!! We were going about our usual evening routine of homework, dinner, and baths when I decided to slip out the back door with my goodies. I laid them out on the porch, knocked on the door and ran around the corner of the house waiting…I could hear them running around but no one came to the door so I knocked again. This time I could hear Jauncee getting upset. I waited a bit longer then knocked again and headed for the back door…but it was locked! What!?! The girls locked me out! Well I don’t think they locked me out just the person knocking on the door. Finally they saw me out the window in front and let me in. Not sure if this “new” tradition is going to be a good idea. It was all kind of funny. They were both mad at me for a bit but it didn’t last too long.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments: