Sunday, March 13, 2011

6 and 7 months


Clay Boone, our sweet, good natured little babe who is growing up way too fast! I love this little guy so much! He has been so much fun. Our family is truly blessed, I have never been around such a good baby…and it’s all of the time! Clay has such a fun personality and seems to be quick at mastering each new skill. He has been sitting up for over a month now all on his own with little or no support. He can grasp things really well, which isn’t too surprising with his enormous broad hands. He can even pick up things with his fingers. He loves to eat…his favorite’s oatmeal, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and beans. He doesn’t care too much for the fruit, but I keep trying them. Although he does like to suck on apple slices. He still loves to nurse, which I love! Clay has two teeth on the bottom, they started breaking through around 6 months and are really sharp and growing fast, luckily he has yet to bite me too hard. I kind of think he may be cutting a few more. At his 6 month check-up he weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs 20 oz (75th percentile), height he was 26 ½ “ (54th percentile).

He is now 7 months and I am certain he has grown. Just today he sat up all on his own…my little baby is turning into quite the busy little body, but he is so much fun. I just love this little guy and couldn’t imagine life without him! The girls and Dirk too! Life is good!







In school awhile back Jeslyn had to write a personal narrative and present it before her peers and their parents. She wrote about Clay, and did a fantastic job!

When My Brother Was Born

By Jeslyn Gillins

I walked in the room. I was thinking I finally have a brother. I already had a sister. It was time for a change. That’s what I was thinking when I first saw him. I couldn’t say a word. I was speechless. I was so eager to hold my new baby brother.

“What is his name?” I asked.

“We don’t know.” Mom said. “Just a minute and you can hold him.”

“I call holding him first.” I said. I had waited long enough. I wasn’t about to sit and wait for my little sister t have a turn first. I waited patiently. Finally my brother was done eating. Dad brought him to me. I sat on the couch. He was a beautiful baby. He had curly hair. His eyes sparkled like diamonds. They were blue like the ocean is blue. He had the cutest little round head. He had mom’s and my ears and lips. My baby brother didn’t make a peep. I think he is the most beautiful baby on earth. I was so excited about my mom coming home the next day. Then I could help tend him. Part of my life changed that day. I love my baby brother Clay Boone.



I am very proud of Jeslyn and her personal narrative. I think I had tears in my eyes that morning listening to her read while I was holding our precious bundle of joy. How blessed I am for the opportunity I have to be their mother and for the stewardship over them. Each one is truly a gift from God, and oh how grateful I am for that gift.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Clay is so handsome!! I can't believe he is already 7 months. Miss you guys!