Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Begins!

It's that time again!
When I have to share my sweet little Jauncee with her Dad and his family for 6 weeks. I dread this visit more than any of the others because it is SO MUCH LONGER! 6 weeks is a really long time to be without one of your children. I started missing her the moment I dropped her off!  One of the hardest parts about the extended stay with her father is just not knowing or having any control over what happens to her. I pray every night for her safety and for her to know how much we love her here at home.

On the up side...we were in Holden...and we did get to spend lots of time with family! Something I do look forward to.

While there we enjoyed the warmer weather and just being outside.







Clay had so much fun playing with Brooks, and jumping on the trampoline.







Sweet Jes - She always raids someone's garden while we are there.



Brooks was so funny; he kept asking me to take pictures of him for his scrapbook! I promised him I would bring all the pictures I have of him down with me to give to his momma when I came. I better get busy with that because July will be here before we know it!

Snuggles with Dakota! Who can resist?


Brooks and Clay played so hard, the poor boy was tuckered out!



Jake getting acquainted with the newest member of the Christensen Clan!

Our visit happened to fall on Memorial weekend, so we visited the cemetery and paid our respects
.
This is my grandpa Turner's headstone. He died in 1999. Dakota and I have a special connection to my Grandpa T. He was born on March 23, the same day that I lost my 13 1/2 week
in utero baby. And Dakota was born on February 15, the same day that my Grandpa T died. I like to think he was one of her administering Angels and helped in sending her my way.


No visit to Kanosh would be the same without stopping at my Grandma Turner's house and having popcorn and some sort of homemade dessert. It is just a tradition!


Grandma T snuggling on Dakota!


Who can resist such a cute baby?

Clay had to play on every piece of equipment that was there at the house! 
He even got to cut hay in the swather with Papa.



My dad and Jake were getting the baler ready for its first time use of the year. They are always very thorough with their equipment. I guess when you spend so much money you have to be and need to be.


I think Brooks and Clay thought they were helping!




Dakota was so much fun to have there. Everyone loved her to pieces! She is such a good baby she even slept through the night!




Monday night my mom and I made a trip up to the Holden cemetery. It is by far one of the prettiest cemeteries I have ever been to.

My Grandpa Christensen's headstone.



This is a picture of my cousin's headstone...Spencer Koyle. He died a horrific death and at a very young age. He was such a neat person and so likeable. I am certain he had bigger and better things to do on the other side. The good ones always go first! I know that he watches over his family and extended family. He is close to all of our hearts!

******

I am so glad that my family lives close enough to visit. I always enjoy going to Holden. My hubby has to fend for himself while we are gone and during the busiest time of year, but he doesn't seem to mind. Looking forward to July 9th when  get my Jauncee back! And I can't wait to see Gigi and her boys!

No comments: