Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Goodbye to 2013 and Welcome 2014…Expecting Good Things!

Wow! It is already mid-February, which means January is O.V.E.R, and it can only get warmer from here on out!  I have to admit that I am a little late with this blog post but being 45 days in, I kind of have a feel of what may come or I am hoping already has and good things are in store. January has been full of trials, but they are slowly turning into good things. 

With that, I am going to say goodbye to one year, with all its up and downs and look forward to a new and refreshing one. Goodbye 2013 and welcome 2014! As human beings we are unable to predict the future and all that we can do is enjoy the present by learning from our mistakes in the past to make sure they won’t happen in the future. In doing so, I like to take the time to reflect more deeply on what I have done in the last 12 months to assess, evaluate, and judge whether I am where I need to be and if I have accomplished all I set out to. I recall very happy moments with my husband, family, and friends as well as stressful ones at different points throughout the year. I think everyone has their fair share of ups and downs. Regardless of what has been done, I always try to acknowledge one important thing: we are all here for different but meaningful purposes. While at many points in my life this seems fuzzy, I need to remember to always be positive and enjoy all the ups and downs, because we will never have the chance to relive any of the moments. Life does not always go according to our plans on our time. Instead, our plans are microscopic compared to God’s and he has good things waiting for everyone. And yes, good things will come out of hard things!

This year I am going to expect the unexpected, work harder, play harder, spend more time doing things together as a family, and focus more on the positive things in life and leave any negativity at the door.

And…
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. Follow him in all your ways. He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)


No comments: