Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Lil Wrestler

I swore that my kids would never wrestle! Especially after I saw all that my brothers endured taking up the sport. That all changed after one YouTube video watching a wrestling match.
All Clay could talk about for weeks was practice and Saturday matches, both of which he looked forward to all week. It is definitely not a sport for the faint of heart. I ended up having to coach him at most matches due to the season falling so close to the Bull Sale. I really had no idea what I was doing. I knew he never wanted to be on his back for too long, always choose the down position and to get up and get away from them if they have a hold of you. He got pretty good at hearing my voice. One of the matches in Marsh Valley he pinned the kids within 2 seconds flat! He looked over at me with disappointment in his eyes...he was wanting to wrestle and instead he had won and it was over. Clay liked to wrestle the entire 3 rounds vs. pinning and winning getting a shorter amount of mat time. That's my boy Clay! Such a go getter. He is a natural athlete! He is also a worker! He never gives up and gives everything his absolute best. I hope they are all qualities that follow him through life.  I love this little boy so much,  I only wish he would stop growing up on me.  










No comments: