Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MY LITTLE DANCING DIVAS

A few weekends ago we went to St. George for a dance competition; the girls were both so excited. We stayed at my Grandma Bonnie and Em’s house. What awesome hosts they both were, we all had such a great time and felt so at home. We got to St. George at about 3:00 in the afternoon on Friday. Our first stop was grandmas of course, then shopping! We went to the store Shoe Carnival between the 4 of us we bought 7 pair of shoes for a great price. Then we went to Kohls which was right next door. I was able to buy 3 new church dresses, I have been looking for some dresses for awhile now, seems all that I have are skirts and blouses, but not anymore! Then we ventured back to Grandmas for dinner. My grandma is such a great cook, she made us chicken enchiladas, one of my favorites. We stayed up visiting for awhile, but retired early knowing tomorrow was going to be a long day. When the girls and I woke up my Grandma had breakfast ready—pancakes and eggs. We ate and got ready, snapped a few pictures then headed for Dixie High School. Jauncee danced first, she looked so cute and is such a great dancer. She really feels the music and has fun doing it. Her little group took 2nd Place and got Best Costume Overall. Jeslyn had to perform twice. She also did really well. Her group took 2nd in the Jazz routine and 1st in the Hip Hop. They both got a trophy and were excited about that. Once they were both done dancing we went back to grandmas and took the girls swimming. What better way to get off all that makeup and hairspray than the swimming pool! After an hour of fun in the pool we lounged around the house for the remainder of the evening. Sunday morning soon arrived, Jeslyn and I (Jauncee was with her dad) decided to stay and go to church with Grandma and Em. They go to a branch, not a ward. Their branch doesn’t have a primary or a young men/young woman. Sacrament was first, Jeslyn and I were definitely out of place. I don’t think I had ever been in a room with that many gray-haired old people all at the same time! I also don’t think I have ever seen so many walkers parked in a row at the same time! Jeslyn was probably the youngest by 60 years and me by 40. It was an experience but a good one. Everyone made it through the meeting alive and well, so that was good. After Sacrament Meeting, Jes, My Grandma and I walked home and changed clothes and did a little Sunday shopping at Costco. I think we got full on all the samples they give out in the isles, and of course me being a sucker bought quite a few of them. At the check-out the cashier almost wouldn’t let me pay using my Grandmas membership card, she went on and on lecturing about how Costco makes their money on the memberships and not on the groceries, so after promising not to do it again, she allowed us this one time. Wonder what went wrong in her day, I mean really how many of us have all done that? Once we got back to my Grandmas the funniest thing happened, the door was open and we could hear the TV on, but their car wasn’t there. I knew that I had shut and locked the door, so who could be in their house we thought. We walk in and there is Em sitting on the couch watching basketball, my grandma asks him where the car is, and apparently he walked home, he forgot he drove, I thought it was funny and cute at the same time. At least he has an excuse to do something like that but that was a typical Marnie move! Too funny! Before leaving we shared one last meal enjoying their company. Jeslyn was sad to leave, but she assured me that she would be back to her usual self by tomorrow. Once we got home, it was so cute she came up to me and asked if it was okay if she had a new favorite grandma! I feel so blessed that my girls are able to spend time with my grandmas they both are amazing women! I love them so much and value their wisdom and friendship! I only hope that I can be half the women that they are. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Warren said...

Hey great pics! funny story too ; )