Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Purple People Eaters

Girl’s softball started off the summer. Jeslyn played on the 3rd – 4th grade team out of Grace. The silly girls called themselves The Purple People Eaters. Jeslyn has only ever played T-ball, and then 1 year of coach pitch. This league the other team pitched to you…and some of the pitchers were amazingly good. They started the season out rough and after a few games and some long practices they began to improve. Jeslyn was a good little player, willing to play anywhere and she actually hit quite well when she would get a hold of it. I love softball so it is fun to have one of your kids interested in it. I hope she continues to play year after year.



























For record keeping purposes, Dirk and I played on a co-ed softball team for Agrium. It was fun, a little different than the coed league I had played on in the past. We started out the season strong with 2 wins and then we lost every game but 1…because they forfeited! We came into the tournament I think last, or second to last and were able to place 3rd. So we improved. It was fun doing something together as a couple…I love my hubby and don’t get to be with him enough. I look forward to playing again…maybe on our own team!


No comments: