Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Double Digits....10!

Jauncee's birthday celebration started out on Saturday at Deleta with a couple of her good friends. When she asked me if they could go roller skating, I thought she was joking. Jauncee had never been before, and I don't think she realized how hard if an activity it is at first. In fact, most of the girls had never been skating before, and it was obvious. So we ended up renting a skatemate for each of the girls. 








I only planned on staying at the rink for an hour, but they were having too much fun so we stayed another hour! After which we went to Kiwi Loco, a yogurt bar (Jauncee's favorite) where we opend up presents and ate yogurt!





Jauncee's actual birthday was on Monday, so we celebrated again that evening. She shares a birthday with her Grandpa Johnson so we invited them over to celebrate. 



It has now become a tradition for the girls to receive flowers at school on their birthday. (At their request)














A letter to my 10 year old!

Dear Jauncee,
Happy day to you, my sweet girl! I can't believe how quickly ten years have passed. Time flies when you're having fun!
When I held you in my arms for the very first time ten years ago, I had a thousand hopes for you my precious girl. And already, in your first ten years, you have surpassed my wildest expectations. You are smart and fantastically funny. I adore your energy and enthusiasm for life. You always find the funny and share it. I love that!
You have such drive. I marvel at your work ethic and determination at such a young age. You set goals and you almost always exceed them. This will serve you well, as long as you allow yourself to slip up every now and then. Take it from your long-suffering perfectionist mother. You will never be perfect, but you are perfectly human; capable of achieving greatness, but bound to mess up along the way. Give yourself some slack.
You are a cooker, a doer, a dancer, a risk taker, a dreamer, a performer, and a lover of life. You do it all with great gladness. It's like you know a secret that the rest of us have yet to learn.
Keep soaking up life. Keep your heart and mind open to new things. You will learn volumes about yourself. Keep sharing your gifts. God gave them to you to share. Keep being bold, but also keep your  heart grateful. It will be what holds your feet on the ground and your eyes on what is important.
I love you sweet girl. I am so proud to be your mother. Enjoy this day and every day.
Love, Momma

No comments: