Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Dunes...and more

While branding calves in Utah we took an intermittent and went to the sand hills across the road. It was a bit chilly and the sand was somewhat moist from previous storms which meant no sand blowing in your face. The kids all had an enjoyable time playing in the hugest dirt pile ever. It always amazes me how many times they run up and down those big hills and never seem to tire. If only I had that much energy! This has always been a fun Easter tradition, one I am thankful to pass on to my children. It always brings back great memories of my childhood, this may sound crazy but I enjoy that somber nostalgic feeling!















Jeslyn begged to be buried, which in turn led to ALL the kids wanting to be buried as well! Thanks Paul for being such a great uncle!











Once the dirt got old the kids wanted to head back to the branding…by this time the crew was finished and was just packing up. Luckily Papa still had his horse out for all the little ones to ride.
















I love this picture! My girls sure love their uncles! Judd looks so rough, tough and mean, but really he has a huge teddy bear heart!





Finally…I am caught up from our trip to Utah!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

gosh, that makes me miss utah! i love your new blog and especially your header! did you design it?