Thursday, November 10, 2011

The BIG 1-0

Ten years ago on August 26, Jeslyn entered the world...she was the sweetest 7 pound 12 oz. baby ever...and our lives have been blessed every day since.

Jeslyn is kind. She is obedient. She is a great friend and VERY genuine and sincere. She is smart, helpful and polite. I could not have asked for a better little girl. She is such a delight!

Her birthday always falls around the first full week of school or this year the weekend after. So with all the hustle and bustle of preparing and adjusting to the new schedule; birthday plans get a little left out until the last minute, which I feel terrible about. I think I redeemed myself with a swimming trip to Lava and a sleepover with her BFF Wesley.

Lava was beautiful and so enjoyable. Dirk went with us. (Everything with Dirk is always better!) He took Clay most of the time so I could play with the girls, but he and I did get to go down a few slides just us which was nice. I left my camera at home for this part of the birthday so imagine a beautiful sunny day swimming with my favorite people and just relaxing in the sun with very few people around and BIG smiles on the kids’ faces. It was priceless and my kinda b-day party. After swimming we came home and attended to our chores. Dirk saddled up Pinto Bean for the kids to ride. They all loved it.







Tradition is for them to pick out what they want for their birthday dinner. Jeslyn decided on hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad and for dessert of course cake and ice cream. We ate dinner real hill-billie country style…on the front porch! It was such a nice summer evening we thought we would take advantage of it knowing we might not get too many more to enjoy. Grandpa and Grandma Johnson joined us for the birthday festivities. After dinner the birthday girl blew out her candles and opened up her presents. She only wanted one thing….a BB gun!

























It was great day for a special girl. I am so grateful to be her momma. Jes you are such a sweetheart and the best little babysitter. We love you so much! Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Ginger said...

I can't believe that was 10 years ago!! My sweet little niece is getting so big. Love and miss you all!!