Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First Day of School



There's Nothing in My Bag Today
By: Author Unknown
Today I did my math and science,
I toasted bread.
I halved and quartered.
I counted, measured, used my eyes,
and ears and head.
I added and subtracted on the way,
I used a magnet, blocks, and memory tray.
I learnt about a rainbow and how to weigh.
So please don't say, anything in your bag today?
You see I'm sharing as I play.
I learned to listen and
speak clearly when I talk,
to wait my turn, and when inside to walk.
To put my thoughts into a phrase,
to guide a crayon through a maze.
To find my name and write it down,
to do it with a smile and not a frown.
To put my pasting brush away,
So please don't say, what, nothing in your bag today?
I've learnt about a snail and a worm,
remembering how to take my turn.
Helped a friend when he was stuck,
learnt that water runs off a duck.
I looked at words from left to right,
agreed to differ, not to fight.
So please don't say, did you only play today?
 
 
Ahh, the days of summer quickly came to an end! And back to school they went!
I am going to miss my time with these two beautiful little ladies.
 
 
Jeslyn started the 5th grade and has Mrs. Holbrook, which is a breath of fresh air. She really likes school and is doing well.

 
Jauncee is in the 2nd grade and has Mrs. Williams. She really likes her teacher and going to school, but not so much the school lunch!

 
This little guy is going to be really lonely without his two big sissies to entertain him all day!


1 comment:

Ginger said...

Love the picture of Clay looking at the bus out the window--so precious. Jauncee's haircut is super cute!!