Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jauncee's 9th Birthday Bash

Our wonderful beautiful daughter Jauncee turned 9 years old. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!! 
I can hardly believe that its been that long ago! Time sure flies. December 15, 2004 2:00 pm. It seems just like yesterday that she was lying in my arms and I could see her for the first time. So beautiful already then...Sometimes I wish we could freeze time where they are so we could enjoy each stage for a bit longer. Next year she will be in the double-digits...a tweenager! Watching her grow up (and all my kids) is the most magical thing in my life. Every new phase brings new excitement, new challenges and discovery of emotions in me that I did not know existed. 

Jauncee asked me way back when is she could have a birthday party, I more than likely said yes, so she held me to it! I would prefer to do something special together as a family instead of having my house taken over by a bunch of little kids. So we compromised. Her actual birthday fell on a Sunday this year so we partied on Saturday. We decided to take the girls in her grade out to lunch at her favorite place and then swimming at the indoor aquatic center in Lava. It was a big hit and a win win for everyone! I hesitated about taking them all to lunch but it worked out rather well. After we finished eating, Jauncee was surprised with a ginormous lit up brownie followed by the Chuck Wagons rendition of Happy Birthday, where we all joined in. Jauncee was very surprised and I think a bit embarrassed, but happy! 


The next stop was the pool, which we had all to ourselves, almost. I let the girls be and headed off to the Kiddie Cove with Clay and Dakota. After about 2 1/2 hours of swimming we went and got a treat and took all the girls home. The birthday girl was beaming!




The next day, her actual birthday, we celebrated all over again. This time together as a family and with Grandpa and Grandma Johnson. Jauncee and Gpa Johnson share the same birthday so we celebrate together.  Lucky girl!




How many people get 2 cakes for their birthday?!?!












 

It was a very special day for a special girl.

This little girl of ours is as vibrant as they come! 
9 things about Jauncee
1. Janucee is very shy at first...but is usually the first one to make a friend every where we go.
2. She is an amazing big sister.
3. She is a math whiz!
4. She like anything sporty and is really quite an athlete.
5. She loves to help me cook.
6. She is best friends with her sister Jeslyn.
7. She is very sensible and likes to go to bed early.
8. She loves to play the piano and LOVES to sing!
9. She is my little snow bunny. She loves to go sledding.

We are so grateful to have Jauncee as part of our family.

No comments: