Thursday, January 2, 2014

THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving, I just love this holiday! 
We were lucky enough to get to spend it in Utah with the Christensen Clan at Aunt Kellee's house. This was a change from many previous celebrations held at my parents house in Holden. I think my mother actually enjoyed the break, but only wished it wasn't at the expense of her being hurt. Dan and Kellee did such a great job, I am sure they will be volunteered to do it again!
 











 Dakota just loved Grandma B!
It was a very nice dinner, with lots of laughs and good conversation. 
It is always nice to spend time with family.


Of course this little boy had to get in some trampoline time! The weather was so nice and beautiful, we all spent a lot of the weekend outside. Gotta get in all the sun and outdoors we can before all the snow comes.




One of the afternoons we had a little picnic down at the GN Yard with the guys. 



These two were inseperable the entire weekend. I am so glad Clay had someone to play with. Clay even had his very first play-date at Brooks' house on Thanksgiving Day. I think he had a super fun time until he started missing his momma. 








Enjoying her first mac-n-cheese lunch!



While we were there, Dirk cooked up two fantastic meals. The first night we had smoked turkey out of the barrel and the second night he smoked ribs and made these delicious baked onions, they are to die for.



Dakota even got in on the rib action! She loved them!



****

This thanksgiving...like every other...I am so thankful for my family...for my husband who is handsome, honest, genuine, loving, hardworking and just the most amazing person I know. He is such a strength to me, a calming factor in my life and a wonderful dad. I am blessed to have him in my life everyday.
I am thankful for my children...who are all such great kids, uplifting, kind-hearted, loving, obedient and bring me such happiness to my life. I am humbled that Heavenly Father sent them to me...and will be orever indebted to him for these miracles. 
My life is overflowing with blessings and this Thanksgiving, I am truly grateful for all of them.

No comments: