Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Month #4

Month #4!
Where has the time gone?!
It seems to have flown by, but yet somehow I can't imagine my life before her, it;s like we've known her forever.
Four months is still so new and so completely innocent.

Tanna -- you are brilliant. You are amazing. You are everything to each one of us. We all have a unique and individual relationship with you. I am grateful for that. You are so loved! When I am with you I feel so strong, so content. I feel like my life is exactly where it needs to be. 
You make us all so unbelievably happy.

Some of your milestones at 4 months:(Thank heavens I wrote them down)
You sleep through the night and have done for months. We all thank you for this.

You are very ticklish on your neck. Which brings big belly laughs! These are the best in the world. Sometimes you tend to have bouts of laughter where you'll just sit and laugh at the same thing over and over again.
You can now grab things and have a small interest in toys. My favorite part of you playing is your "concentration face" which is pretty darn cute.

You put EVERYTHING into your mouth and seem to prefer you hands.

You can rollover, sometimes it surprises you. 

Overall you are a dream baby. So good, so fun and so darn cute!

4 Month Stats:
Height - 25"
Weight - 12 lbs. 13 oz.
Head - 16"




















Nothing like sisterly love! The red dress was Jeslyn's from 14 years ago. It still looks brand new!



4 months also brought a unique and scary situation. One evening I was cooking dinner as usual and Tanna was a bit fussy so I put Jeslyn in charge of tending her.After dinner, Jauncee was helping me clean up the kitchen and Tanna would not let up so I told Jauncee to relieve Jeslyn of her duties (assuming she wasn't paying attention to her - phones and teenagers!) Jauncee is still young enough that she likes to play with the little ones, so she started to play with her and decided to tickle her feet. Jauncee took off Tanna's socks and noticed her middle toe on her right foot looked funny, so she brought her to me and asked if it was suppose to look like that. To my surprise...it looked awful and painful. Upon closer observation, she had several strands of hair wrapped tightly around her tiny toe. A hair tourniquet! It was evident that the tip was losing blood. It was also very painful to her even with the slightest touch. I tried to remain calm and hollered for the girls to help me find tweezers, finger nail clippers anything that would help in removing it. I had no luck, finally I called Dirk in from outside to help me. We both tried and we couldn't manage to get anything underneath it, it was just too tight and if you got a hold of the wrong end it would make it even tighter.We weren't sure what to do and didn't want to make an ER visit that night, so I texted Dr. Franson, so thankful that I have his cell phone number. I didn't hear from him right away, but when I did I explained to him the situation, he did a little bit of research and determined it was best for us to meet him at his clinic. It took him several tries and a few shots later before we were able to get it removed. At the time we weren't even sure it was all removed, it had been on there so tight and had actually cut into her skin that it left the appearance of something still there. He sent us home and checked on her the next morning. It still looked sore, but it was clear that the tip of the toe had circulation back and that we did get all the hair. I was so relieved, but at the same time felt so terrible. If Jauncee hadn't of noticed her toe, she might have lost her toe by that next morning. So glad that wasn't the outcome. I am so thankful for Jauncee for being in tune and for good doctors who care. To date, I still have never been billed for anything that night. Do doctors today do that? Give services for free?? 
 This is her toe a couple days after, still evidence of where the tourniquet was, but at least she still has a toe!


Every morning and night I check every toe and finger! With 4 girls and long hair...you never know.



No comments: