Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Special Day for a Special Girl!




Jeslyn…you are 8 years old! It’s hard to believe how much you have already learned. You’re growing so tall and becoming a young lady; and now it’s time for your baptism. As you have studied the gospel you have learned the difference between right and wrong and you are choosing to do the right things. Being baptized is a very good choice, a choice that will take you closer to your Heavenly Father. Remember how much you are loved.

Always remember the day you were baptized! Remember how many people love you and how proud we are of your decision! Congratulations on taking this important step.


Jeslyn was baptized and confirmed by her father, Colby!




After the Baptism, we all went to the park for a party. We enjoyed good food as well as good company. It was evident by all who came that this little girl is so special and so loved. Big thanks to all those who came and who participated in the program as well as those who furnished food for the party. Jeslyn will tell you that the day was very special; the best ever! She is so cute; she told me that she felt so clean! She started asking a lot of questions about the day that I got baptized. I must be getting old, but I don't really remember too much of it. It was a great opportunity for me to encourage her to write in her journal so she can always have the memories of her baptism. It was also a great way for me to get her to practice writing, something she is good at but doesn’t do enough of. I must admit, and I am somewhat embarrassed to, but I forgot to bring her clean, dry panties for her to change into after she was baptized. What a great mom I know…who would forget that? Apparently me! So she had to wear wet ones for the rest of the program. I think once she got outside they dried pretty fast! Sorry, Jeslyn!










1 comment:

Ginger said...

Congratulations Jeslyn! We wish we could have been there for this special day.