Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Birthday Boy - #5

This day was anticipated for a LONG time!
The Birthday Boy had a few requests. Beginning with a sandbox party with some of his friends. I was a little hesitant at first to comply with his request knowing that we would have a new baby in the home, but Dirk was willing to step up and take charge of the party. I was very grateful. The girls were a big help too!
Of course every time we have something fun planned for outside, the weather does not cooperate. We woke up to rain, luckily the sun came out long enough to have the party outside. The arena was a standby for bad weather.



Another request was he wanted to have a race with all of his buddies!




And a football  toss!




 This little one is all up to something mischievous, but she is too cute to get mad at most of the time!



Opening presents!









Per Clay's request, we grilled brats and had root beer and chips!


Then we sang Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!




A Pinata - the last request for the party!








 





Happy kids = SUCCESS!
Clay won't remember what gifts he got on his 5th birthday, but he will always remember  he had his very first birthday party!

Enjoying the best gift of all - Baby Tanna




Clay's actual birthday was on a Sunday. As tradition, the kids get to pick out what they want for their birthday dinner. Can you guess what Clay wanted?
King Crab Legs & Steak! Of course.



He was in Heaven!


No birthday is complete without cake.









Love this sweet little boy so much!
He is a bright light in our home. 
Clay is so in tune with his feelings and emotions, very tenderhearted.
When I first found out that we were going to have another girl...it was just that - Another Girl! 
To be honest, I really wanted a boy, someone that Clay could play with.
Heavenly Father had a different plan for us. 
Having had special circumstances while being pregnant with Tanna, I found myself in prayer several times a day seeking the strength that I needed to make it through. One night I was kneeling at the foot of Clay's bed in prayer and I was overcome with such emotion and love for the sweet little boy that laid before me. I received confirmation that night that I was given a sweet and special spirit, one that was hand picked out just for us. I only get 1 boy in this life, but I got a really good one! I was exhorted to be mindful of him and is capabilities and to help his sweet spirit shine. 
Clay is such a good "big" brother. Even to his sisters that are older and well...bigger! 
This little boy has brought so much joy into our home and will continue to every day. 
We all love you so much Clay Boone!

No comments: