Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HALLOWEEN







HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I love Halloween and was so excited for it to come this year. My girls and I bought their costumes the first part of September and were all very anxious to get to wear them/see them on! Jeslyn was a monster bride and Jauncee was a bratz cheerleader, they both looked so adorable. The week started out normal, but by Wednesday was rather chaotic. Wednesday night was our ward party at the church; the girls had fun making the rounds playing all of the games. Their favorite was the donut bob – although they were extremely sticky afterwards – and if you know me, I don’t do well with dirt, stickiness, dingy clothes, etc…Oh well! Thursday, I had class so my girls went with their fathers for the evening and had a fun time doing Halloween activities. Friday, Jeslyn got to wear her costume to school all day and participate in the annual carnival that the PTA puts together every year. She really enjoyed that, although she was mad at me because they had called to ask if I could help and I was too overwhelmed with work, school and everything involved in single parenting. Maybe next year Jes! Later that afternoon, Kristal, my awesome babysitter took them to a couple of businesses to get their faces painted and to enjoy cotton candy and some delicious witches brew. I picked them up shortly after that and took them home to of course, clean them up a little and fix their hair and do makeup. We then ventured down to Kanosh to my grandmas to meet up with my brother Judd and his future wife Kaela and their two kids, Brooks and Olivia. The carnival put on by the Red Hat Ladies was awesome Jeslyn won Best Halloween Costume and got a medal – she just loves muscles. (Muscles: medals or trophies won. She started calling them muscles several years ago when she would wander into my brother Jakes room and was so in awe at all of the medals and trophies he had won throughout his life mostly wrestling – so she assumed you had to be tough to get a medal or trophy.) After the carnival we all enjoyed a hay ride trick-or-treating, what a fun time we all had and boy did we get way too much candy!














No comments: